My family has been farming in Jackson County for 59 years. Our connection to the land and community in which we live runs deep. Farmers are the original environmentalists. We manage our fields and pasture to last for generations and guarding against overdevelopment. But some Oregon lawmakers are drafting an environmental proposal called “cap and trade” that seeks to squeeze farmers and families by artificially raising energy prices for electricity and gas. Already a failed experiment in California, the evidence is overwhelming that it won’t work — and our state lawmakers should reject it.
- Guest Opinion: Legislators’ world doesn’t reflect the reality that loggers, truckers face
- Rep. Boshart Davis: Rural Oregon can’t afford cap and trade
- Poll Results: Majority of Oregonians Oppose Cap and Trade
- East Oregonian: Legislature needs to go back to the drawing board on HB 2020
- Daily Astorian: Cap and trade bill would be disastrous